SUPPORT ADVENTURE HOUSE
- Checks may be sent to Adventure House, 924 N Lafayette St, Shelby NC 28150
- Become an Employer
- If your organization is looking to fill entry-level part-time positions within the community, you should consider partnering with Adventure House through our Transitional Employment Program.
- This will allow the Members to learn viable skills, fill openings in employment and stick to a customary work schedule. This provides meaningful work to Members returning to a normal routine after a diagnosis.
- We will be happy to send a staff member to your organization to explain how the Transitional Employment Program works.
- As an employer partnering with us in the TEP, your organization would agree to reserve multiple part-time entry-level positions for Adventure House Members.
- Once job descriptions for entry-level jobs are identified and we accept the position, our staff will train on the position to determine if it is a good fit for the program at no cost to the employer.
- Once staff is trained, they will train the Members of our choosing to perform the job. We will provide training for the Member until they are comfortable enough to perform the job duties independently. Our staff will maintain contact with the employer and visit the job site as needed to ensure satisfaction with the program.
- We guarantee coverage when a Member is absent with a staff member at no cost. All Adventure House staff will be covered by our Workers’ Compensation while training or working this placement.
- Employers will pay the Members directly for their respective pay.
- Typically, members will work 6-9 months, then another Member will be selected to assume the job, again, trained by our staff member.
- Join the Board of Directors
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM AS A BOARD MEMBER? PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTER OF INTEREST THROUGH OUR CONTACT PAGE