How to Join
Membership at Adventure House is open to adults (18 +) who have a history of mental illness. Membership is voluntary and without time limits. Ask your doctor or mental health provider to make a referral for you. You may also contact Lavonda Hunter at 704-482-3370 or email at [email protected] for assistance.
- Make a Referral
- Adventure House Referral Fact Sheet (Link to AH fact sheet)
- Adventure House Referral Application (Mail or deliver in person your completed application to: 924 N. Lafayette Street, Shelby, NC 28150)
- You will receive a phone call inviting you to the Adventure House. We will assist you with arranging transportation if needed.
- A member and staff team will greet you at the Clubhouse, prepare you for a tour, and answer any questions.
- Tour of Clubhouse. We offer a tour to new Members to provide an opportunity to introduce you to the Clubhouse community of meaningful work and meaningful relationships. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and get to know us.
- Your first week we look forward to navigating you through your first week at the Clubhouse. As a member, you will explore meaningful work and get to know our members and staff in each of our unit areas. Afterwards, you choose the unit you would like to join and contribute your talents and skills.